Dylan Tweney is an award-winning writer, editor, and journalist.
I’ve been a professional writer and editor for over two decades.
Professionally, I am the founder of Tweney Media, a content agency that helps companies communicate through blog posts, online magazines, podcasts, video, and more.
At VentureBeat, I managed a global news team of more than a dozen staff journalists and many freelancers from 2011-2015. During that period, the editorial staff doubled, while the site’s audience more than quadrupled, from 1.5 million to 6.5 million monthly visitors. I also wrote the site’s “Dylan’s Desk” column, a weekly series on Silicon Valley, the tech industry, and the impact of technology on business strategy.
Previously, I was a senior editor at Wired, leading the publication’s gadget and business blogs from 2007-20011. Prior to that, I worked at three different content startups and wrote widely read columns for national magazines Business 2.0 and InfoWorld.
Outside work, I founded tinywords, the world’s smallest daily magazine. It’s a haiku and micropoetry journal that’s been publishing more or less daily since 2000.
Let’s stay in touch! Sign up for my newsletter, and join hundreds of other subscribers who get unique, no-bull analysis from the front lines of the tech industry, every week or so.
- NBC Bay Area, “Press Here,” March 2015
- Fox Business, segment on CES and upcoming gadgets, January 2015
- Fox Business with Maria Bartiromo, about the Amazon Fire phone, June 2014
- KRON-4, on our hopes for an Apple watch, September 2013
- ABC Bay Area, about Yahoo’s new logo, August 2013
- Revision3, on Steve Ballmer and Microsoft, July 2013
- KQED Forum, with Michael Krasny, on Facebook’s IPO, February 2012
- … more media
- The next generation of entrepreneurs will need more open platforms, VentureBeat, May 2015
- What it takes to be a tech entrepreneur in 2015, VentureBeat, April 2015
- How to make Facebook work better for you: Quit the ‘Like’, VentureBeat, August 2014
- This French tech school has no teachers, no books, no tuition — and it could change everything, VentureBeat, June 2014
- 26 amazing startups you need to watch in 2014, VentureBeat, December 2013
- How to Make a Clock Run for 10,000 Years, Wired, June 2011
Photo credit: The portrait on this page is by Michael O’Donnell.