I am the founder of Tweney Media, a content agency that helps companies communicate through blog posts, online magazines, podcasts, video, and more. I’m the former editor-in-chief of VentureBeat and was an editor at Wired. And I’ve been writing, editing, and publishing professionally for over two decades. See LinkedIn for more details.
Contact info: My coordinates are in the icons at the top of this page, including my email address and phone number.
Outside work, I founded tinywords, the world’s smallest daily magazine. It’s a haiku and micropoetry journal that’s been publishing more or less daily since 2000.
I’ve been blogging since the last millennium (my first post, on Blogger, was in November 1999), mostly about tech and media but sometimes about swimming or running or the Bay Area or life with kids. I try to write and draw every day, and if you’re into that sort of thing, most of my poetry and artsy stuff is on my Tumblr, El Camino Review.
A Few Highlights
- The next generation of entrepreneurs will need more open platforms, VentureBeat, May 2015
- What it takes to be a tech entrepreneur in 2015, VentureBeat, April 2015
- How to make Facebook work better for you: Quit the ‘Like’, VentureBeat, August 2014
- This French tech school has no teachers, no books, no tuition — and it could change everything, VentureBeat, June 2014
- 26 amazing startups you need to watch in 2014, VentureBeat, December 2013
- How to Make a Clock Run for 10,000 Years, Wired, June 2011
- NBC Bay Area, “Press Here,” March 2015
- Fox Business, segment on CES and upcoming gadgets, January 2015
- PRHacker, “Secrets of my Inbox,” August 2014
- Fox Business with Maria Bartiromo, about the Amazon Fire phone, June 2014
- KRON-4, on our hopes for an Apple watch, September 2013
- ABC Bay Area, about Yahoo’s new logo, August 2013
- Revision3, on Steve Ballmer and Microsoft, July 2013
- KQED Forum, with Michael Krasny, on Facebook’s IPO, February 2012
- … more media
- We are Lent into Each Other’s Keeping
- Where the action is
- Talk loudly and carry a big schtick
- So in all the delights of the world almost
- How You Got My Attention
- The difficulty with complexity.
- Santa is real.
- Signing off Facebook for awhile.
- How Google and Facebook are transferring content revenues to themselves
- Nonviolence and Standing Rock
- 7 years since tinywords relaunched
- Don’t panic