I’m a writer and editor.
In my work life, I help companies tell their stories (through text, audio, and video) in in order to increase brand awareness and influence. A former journalist, I bring my experience with engaging storytelling and rapid, accurate content production to every project I do. The teams I’ve led have won awards and have helped put tech brands and publications on the map.
Contact info: My coordinates are in the icons at the top of this page, including my email address and phone number.
I’ve been blogging since the last millennium (my first post, on Blogger, was in November 1999), mostly about tech and media but sometimes about swimming or running or the Bay Area or life with kids. I try to write and draw every day, and if you’re into that sort of thing, most of my poetry and artsy stuff is on my Tumblr, What Is Found There.
Dylan Tweney is the VP of Communications for Valimail, a San Francisco-based technology company enabling email you can trust. He’s also the founder of tinywords, a daily journal of haiku and micropoetry.
Dylan is the founder of Tweney Media, a content-centric communications agency, whose clients have included Samsung, Korn Ferry International, Upwork, YL Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, and Valimail.
Previously, he was the editor-in-chief of VentureBeat (2011-2015) and a senior editor at Wired (2007-2011). He’s been writing, editing, and publishing professionally for over two decades.
A Few Highlights
- A delicious mid-life mocktail, Popula, March 2019
- How to Fake an Email From Almost Anyone in Under 5 Minutes, Hacker Noon, October 2017
- Talk loudly and carry a big schtick, Medium, March 2017
- 6 Financial Facts Solo Entrepreneurs Need to Know, NewCo Shift, October 2016
- How to Use Diversity to Increase Business Performance, LinkedIn, November 2015
- The next generation of entrepreneurs will need more open platforms, VentureBeat, May 2015
- How to make Facebook work better for you: Quit the ‘Like’, VentureBeat, August 2014
- This French tech school has no teachers, no books, no tuition — and it could change everything, VentureBeat, June 2014
- How to Make a Clock Run for 10,000 Years, Wired, June 2011
- NBC Bay Area, “Press Here,” March 2015
- Fox Business, segment on CES and upcoming gadgets, January 2015
- PRHacker, “Secrets of my Inbox,” August 2014
- Fox Business with Maria Bartiromo, about the Amazon Fire phone, June 2014
- KRON-4, on our hopes for an Apple watch, September 2013
- ABC Bay Area, about Yahoo’s new logo, August 2013
- Revision3, on Steve Ballmer and Microsoft, July 2013
- KQED Forum, with Michael Krasny, on Facebook’s IPO, February 2012
- … more media
- The Institute, by Stephen King
- A Zen family vacation
- A delicious mid-life mocktail
- I’m still blogging. Will you keep reading?
- Nature Journaling With John Muir Laws
- How Not to Run a Double Dipsea
- Explaining Facebook to the teenager
- Occult America (book notes)
- Marathon swimming
- Back in the water.
- A few thoughts on ModPo
- How to Fake an Email From Almost Anyone in Under 5 Minutes