I spoke with Josh Macht (Group Publisher, Harvard Business Review) on an episode of Hubspot’s podcast The Growth Show to talk about how our publications have been able to survive — and thrive — in the digital age.
It’s an interesting 30-minute conversation about how digital publications can grow, attract the right audiences, and monetize. Some of the things we discuss include:
- How Harvard Business Review has transformed into a digital media brand attracting top-ranking executives from around the globe
- The importance of creating content that is valuable enough to attract subscribers
- Why today’s media brands need to diversify their revenue streams and not rely on a single business model
- Thoughts on the changing landscape of tech media world, including GigaOm,Recode/Vox Media and AOL/Verizon
- What the next few years for Harvard Business Review and VentureBeat will look like, including how they optimize for mobile
Thanks to Hubspot for inviting me onto this podcast. Here’s the audio: